Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Five Favorite Books

Hello everyone! 
I've recently decided to change the focus of my blog from cards to books. I have a strong love of reading and wanted to share that with you. I thought to start out I would share 5 of my favorite books/series. 

1. Michael Vey Series by Richard Paul Evans

This series is about a group of teens who have electrical powers. It is full of fun adventures and fantastic characters. The main character is named Michael Vey, and throughout the series, his mission is to stop Hatch and his evil plans. I fell in love with this series. The books aren't terribly long and are super quick to read. I highly recommend these books to anyone. They won't disappoint, I promise.

2. The Selection Series by Kiera Cass

I describe these books as The Bachelor in book form but geared towards teens. It's set in a dystopian society called Illea that is ruled by a monarchy. The main character is America who is sent to the palace along with 34 other girls for the prince, Maxon Schreave, to pick his future bride. I didn't expect to love these books as much I did. They are fluffy reads and don't take very long to complete. I think of the first three as more of a trilogy and the last two as companion novels. I recommend you read this series if you're looking for something light and fun to read. 

3. Keeper of the Lost Cities Series by Shannon Messenger
This series is a more recent discovery of mine. It was recommended to me by one of my close friends, and I wasn't expecting to like it because it was middle grade. I was thoroughly surprised at how much I enjoy this series. It is about Sophie Foster who was raised in the human world but finds out she is actually an elf. I love how this elvin society is run. I love reading about all the mischief Sophie and her group of friends gets into. I recommend that you read this series if you're looking for something full of adventure and jokes.

4. Wings Series by Aprilynne Pike
I've never read a fairy book quite like this series. I love how the author went about writing this series. This book follows Laurel who discovers she is a fairy. This series focuses on how she adjusts to this discovery and the decisions she has to make about staying with the humans or living with the fairies. If you love books about fairies, you will definitely love this series.

5. The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy

I picked this book up looking for a fun read, and it ended up being one of my favorite books. It's about a group called The Cinderella Society that focuses on helping girls feel good about themselves and become more confident. The main character, Jess, is welcomed into the society and has "sisters" who help her on her journey of finding herself. I really liked this story and made me wish there really was a Cinderella Society. I recommend reading this book if you want a cute story about finding yourself and not changing into what you think others want you to be.

Those are only a few of my favorite books, and I love them all equally. Let me know what your favorite books are in the comments. 
~Abby 

4 comments:

  1. I love Michael Vey and Keeper too! I've never heard of The Cinderella Society, but it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Selection series is like my guilty pleasure reads. I know that the writing is a bit cheesy and the plot is quite predictable, but just like my love for the bachelor, I can’t help but love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to see you list The Cinderella Society! I read that book a long, long time ago, and I loved it but I felt it was so underrated :( Wings and The Selection are both series I want to get to eventually. I LOVE the covers of the selection series. The dresses are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that Cinderella Society is underrated. It's so good and I wish more people would read it.

      Delete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.