Sunday, November 25, 2018

Playlist: The Selection Series

Hello everyone!
I want to start sharing playlists I create based on some of my favorite books to share my love of reading with my love of music. They are both major hobbies of mine and I can't imagine living without either of them. For the first playlist, I wanted to do The Selection series by Kiera Cass (but only the first 3 books). These were the first books that really got me into the young adult genre and are some of my favorite books. I'll separate the songs into each book and generally what scene I imagine each song to be in.

The Selection
 Enchanted by Taylor Swift - Maxon's POV when they first meet
Me Too by Meghan Trainor - Celeste
Confident by Demi Lovato - Celeste
Love Story by Taylor Swift - America and Aspen's relationship
Castle by Halsey - America's feelings about the selection
The Beautiful Ones by Prince - when Aspen doesn't America to go
Boyfriend by Justin Bieber - when Maxon shares his feelings for America
Always Be Together by Little Mix - America and Marlee's friendship


The Elite
Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Meghan Trainor feat. John Legend - America and Maxon's relationship
Joan of Arc by Little Mix - when America wears the red dress 
Another One Bites the Dust by Queen - the rebel attacks
Better Than Revenge by Taylor Swift - when Celeste tries to seduce Maxon
Who Wants to Live Forever by Queen - when Marlee and Carter get caught and are punished
Umbrella by Rihanna feat. Jay Z - America and Marlee's friendship


The One
All About Us by He Is We feat. Owl City - dancing in the rain
Can I Have This Dance - dancing in the rain
I Wish by One Direction - Aspen's POV (that's all I'll say so I don't spoil anything)
I Want to Break Free by Queen - Aspen's POV
Long Live by Taylor Swift - end of the book 
Speak Now by Taylor Swift - America to Maxon right before the big rebel attack towards the end of the book
Love of My Life by Queen - same as the previous song
More Than Words by Little Mix feat. Kamille - America and Maxon's relationship
Apologize by Timbaland feat. One Republic - when Maxon finds out about Aspen

If you've read The Selection series, what songs would you associate with the books?
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.
~Abby





2 comments:

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.