Sunday, April 7, 2019

Review: Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie

Hello everyone!
I had the privilege of meeting Kathryn Purdie at Teen Author Boot Camp and knew I had to read her books as soon as possible. She's such an amazing person. Burning Glass is about a girl who is an empath. She can feel both emotions as well as physical pains. She is forced to become the Auraseer for the emperor and is caught between wanting to serve him but also work with the rebellion. It was oh so good! 

The characters were amazingly done. I didn't want to get too attached to anybody because I didn't know what secrets they were hiding. And the romance was so well done. I was fooled at the beginning of the book thinking she was falling for one brother when it actually ended up being the other brother all along which now makes perfect sense. They are such a perfect match for each other. 

What really intrigued me is how she can basically dig through someone's aura and detect what they are feeling. Her weakness though is that when surrounded by a large group of people, she can't discern whose aura is whose. I felt like I connected to her character so much. There was so much deceit and I couldn't put it down for hours on end.

I rated this book 4/5 stars. The only reason I didn't give it a full 5 stars is because some of the scenes got repetitive. Not to give away any spoilers, but when she visited the emperor I felt like she dealt with the same thing over and over with no resolution until the end. That was the most annoying part of the book, but other than that it was such a fun read. I highly suggest you check this book out. I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel!

Have you read Burning Glass? If so, what did you think of it?
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
~Abby

1 comment:

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.