Thursday, January 2, 2020

Favorite Books of 2019

Hello everyone!
I'm always curious to see which books people loved reading during the year. So I'm here to share my top 10 favorite books of 2019 with you all. It was tough to narrow them all down, but I've done it. Not all of them were published in 2019, but they're all books I read for the first time in 2019. And I don't have to give a book 5 stars for it to be my favorite. There's one series in here that I'm counting as one book. I couldn't put them in order from of my most favorite so I'm just sharing them in the order I read them. If you want to check out my favorite books of 2018, I'll link it here.

The Wicked King by Holly Black
I read this book pretty much as soon as it came out because I loved the first book so much. It lived up to all my expectations, but gave the worst cliffhanger. I still haven't read Queen of Nothing, so please don't spoil it for me. That'll hopefully change by the end of the month.

Five Feet Apart by Rachael Lippincott, Mikki Daughtry, and Tobias Iaconis
I read this book mostly because the movie was coming out and I wanted to read the book first. Both were really cute. Plus the cover of this book is so stunning. Be prepared to cry going into this book.

A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
I saw the movie years ago and wanted to read the book. I still think the movie is better, but this story was still so cute and sad. Needless to say, I cried reading this book too.

Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu
This book really surprised me. I liked Wonderwoman: Warbringer when I read it, but I wasn't in love with it. I thought it was going to be the same for this one, but I fell in love with the story and the characters. It was a great read.

Dear Ally, How Do You Write a Book by Ally Carter
This book was very informational and I know it's one I'll return to again and again. It has a bit of humor mixed in to make it more interesting, and she contacted other authors to help her with some of her advice.

The Mermaid's Voice Returns in This One by Amanda Lovelace
I loved this poetry series, and this final installment was no exception. It made me cry and I felt connected to so many of the poems. 

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
I didn't know what to expect going into this book, but I was pleasantly surprised. I fell in love with the characters almost immediately which didn't make it hard to fall in love with the plot. I NEED the fourth book to come out so I can see how this story continues.

The Walk by Richard Paul Evans
This story was so touching. It really shows you what really matters in life and how possessions don't make you happy. I plan on finishing this series this year and I'm sure there's going to be plenty more tears.

Just For You: A Special Collection of Inspirational Verses by Helen Steiner Rice
This was such a beautiful poetry collection to read. I don't have much else to say about it.

The Burning Glass trilogy by Kathryn Purdie
 
I loved reading this trilogy. I got sucked in and absolutely loved seeing the main character grow throughout each book. And the ending was so satisfying.

What were your favorite books of 2019?
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
~Abby





1 comment:

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.