Friday, January 3, 2020

Least Favorite Books of 2019

Hello everyone!
Since I shared my favorite books of 2019, it's only fitting I share my least favorites. I know some of these books are people's favorite books of all time, but they just weren't for me. If you want to check out my least favorite books of 2018, I'll link it here.

New Moon by Mariss Meyer
I liked Twilight well enough, so I thought I'd give the second book a go and absolutely hated it. I'm not going to be continuing with the series.

A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
This book actually kinda disgusted me. I didn't really like the themes for how young they were. I feel like if there were more to the characters and they didn't annoy me so much I would've liked the book a lot more.

By Your Side by Kasie West
I think Kasie West just isn't meant for me. I haven't fallen in love with any of the books I've read from her. They're all a bit flat for me.

Rook by Sharon Cameron
I had such high hopes going into this book and it just ended up disappointing me. I didn't feel attached to the story in any way which made it unenjoyable for me.

The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
This book did not live up to its hype. I was bored the entire time I read this book. 

Cape May by Chip Cheek
To be honest, I don't even remember what this book is about, but I remember hating it at the time I read it. So that's that.

You by Caroline Kepnes
This book disgusted me. I don't understand how everyone loves it. The subject is so disturbing. I didn't enjoy reading this book one bit.

Shadows of the Dark Crystal by J.M. Lee
I really wanted to like this book because I love The Dark Crystal, but the story was very flat and it didn't even match up with the Netflix reboot which really irked me.

Saint X by Alexis Schaitkin
I was intrigued with the first quarter of this book, then it started to drag for me. I lost interest about halfway through and skimmed until the end. 

A Gift From Tiffany's by Melissa Hill
I had such high hopes for this book, but the idea would've been better as a movie. 

The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
I really wanted to like this book so bad because 1) my friend recommended it to me and 2) I love some of Shannon Hale's other work. I just hated the pacing of the book and the main character annoyed me.

What were some books you didn't necessarily enjoy in 2019?
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.
~Abby



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.