Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Totally Didn't Book Tag

Hello everyone!
I was catching up on some Booktube videos the other day and came across this tag that Books with Emily Fox did and thought I would give it a try. I just want to preface by saying that these are my personal opinions. 

Totally didn't need to have a sequel/sequels.
I loved this book and the sequel was a little disappointing in my opinion. Plus it was way longer than it needed to be. I've only read it once and am planning on reading it again this year before I decide I completely hate it.

Totally didn't need to have more than one POV.
I hate when authors do the first few books with one POV and then in the third book switch to two or more. It bugs me so much. If you wanted to write more than one POV, start doing it in book 1! I feel like this book would have been so much better with just one POV.

Totally didn't need to change cover art through the middle of the series.
I actually really liked the covers before they did the cover switch for book 3. That's all I have to say about that.

Totally didn't need a love triangle.
Don't get me wrong, I adore this trilogy, but I just didn't really appreciate the love triangle that happens in this series. I feel like it wasn't really necessary.

Totally didn't need this book to be included in the series.
This book was so dull in my opinion. All they did was travel and I feel like nothing important happened plot wise. It was just a really pointless sequel to Matched.

Totally didn't need a cliffhanger.
I did really enjoy this book, but I hated the cliffhanger. Especially since I had to wait for the seventh book to come out. 

Totally didn't need to have only one POV.
No books come to mind for this question. I don't mind if a book only has one POV.

Totally didn't need that much hype.
Unpopular opinion, but I hated this book. I tried reading book 2, and just didn't see the point in continuing the series. The characters got on my nerves and the plot wasn't all that interesting to me.

Totally didn't need a relative book reference (e.g. Hunger Games fans would like Divergent).
I got recommended this book because I enjoyed The Selection. They do have some similarities such as dystopian society and love triangles but other than that nothing. I really did enjoy Matched but the rest of the series just fell apart for me.

Totally didn't deserve my time.
I've avoided discussing my dislike for this book for a while now, but it was only a matter of time before I brought it up again. This book was such a waste of time and I can't believe I actually read the whole thing. I just really didn't like it.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
~Abby

2 comments:

  1. I hated Looking for Alaska as well. It was incredibly cliche, and the characters annoyed the hell out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree a 100% with all of these

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.