Sunday, August 26, 2018

Authors I've Met

Hello everyone!
In the past few years, I've had the opportunity to meet so many authors through my library than I had met ever before. Today I wanted to compile a list and share it with you as well as the experiences I've had meeting these authors. Some of the authors I'm about to mention I've met more than once.

Richard Paul Evans
The only times I've met him was for his Michael Vey series. He came to my elementary school a couple of times to talk about the series. I also went to a few of the launch parties he had for the releases of the books in the series. I didn't go to all of them, but it was still a really cool experience.

Kiersten White
She came to my local library to speak about her newest release at the time which I believe was Illusions of Fate. I don't remember much from meeting her, but she is now one of my favorite authors. 

Brandon Mull
He came to my hometown and did a meet up at one of the schools. I was still in the process of finishing his Fablehaven series, but I got a book signed by him. It's technically my mom's book, but it's signed to me. 

Courtney Alameda
Courtney actually used to be one of the librarians at my library which is pretty cool. I met her before she had even had a book published, but she's also visited a couple of times since then. I love her personality. I've only read one of her first book, Shutter, but I'm excited to eventually read Pitch Dark.

Jennifer A. Nielsen
I've met her twice now. I've still only read her Ascendance trilogy, but I'm excited to read the rest of her books. Her newest release, Resistance, sounds especially interesting. She's put so much thought into the story and I'm excited to eventually read it. She also has a very funny personality.

Shannon Hale
She came to the library with her husband, Dean Hale, to promote their book The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Meets World. They are a very entertaining duo and it was fun listening to them talk about their processes of writing. 

Victoria Jamieson
She came to my library at the end of last year and I got All's Faire in Middle School signed by her. She even included a picture of the main character with her signature which is pretty cool.

I believe those are all the authors I've met to this day. I hope I have the opportunity to meet more someday. Let me know some of the authors you've had the chance to meet. 
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.
~Abby

7 comments:

  1. Some of the favorite authors I've met are Jennifer A. Nielsen, Jessica Day George, and Gail Carson Levine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never met the other two authors, but they sound awesome.

      Delete
  2. Courtney Alameda was your librarian??? That is so cool! I really enjoyed Shutter! It was pretty creepy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she was. It was pretty neat when I found out she was releasing a book.

      Delete
  3. Woah, I'm freaking out that you met some of my favorite authors or ones that I just discovered! That's awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s awesome that you’ve been able to meet so many authors! I have only met one before, Sabaa Tahir of the Ember in the Ashes series, and she was wonderful. It’s so thrilling to get to see these people in person!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.