Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Review: Adultolescence by Gabbie Hanna

Hello everyone!
A couple days ago I finished reading Adultolescence by Gabbi Hanna who is a popular YouTuber. This book is a collection of poems she's written as well as illustrations created by her. This was really the first poetry collection I've read for fun outside of Shel Silverstein. And ever since I finished this book, I've been wanting to read more poetry. Her poems have caused me to fall in love with poetry.

Her poems were so relatable and funny. There were a few that were more serious, and some that were more abstract. I hope she puts out more poetry like this in the near future. She has such a unique style of writing her poems that I've never seen done before, but I'm also not that well acquainted with poetry. 

I rated this book 5/5 stars. After reading this book, my goal is to read more poetry collections. I really need to go buy this book for myself so I can read it again and mark it up. I'm so glad I gave this book a chance so I could find a love for poetry. If you enjoy poetry I think you'll like this book, or even if you're looking into getting into poetry.

What are some of your favorite poetry collections? (I'm looking for some recommendations.)
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
~Abby

1 comment:

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.