Sunday, August 5, 2018

Review: Grace and the Fever by Zan Romanoff

Hello everyone!
A couple of days ago, I finished reading Grace and the Fever by Zan Romanoff. It's about a girl named Grace who loves a boy band called Fever Dream. She has a fan account on Tumblr where she goes by Gigi. She meets Jes on accident one night who is one of the members of the band. The rest of the book follows her journey getting to know the band and what it's really like to be a celebrity.

Firstly, I'd just like to say, this book was amazing! This is the first book I've ever read about a boy band, and I don't know why I've never picked one up before. I love boy bands! This book was so relatable as to what it feels like to be a fan. I'm pretty sure that not all celebrities are that nice to fans though. 

I didn't really care for Grace's friends, except for Katie which is her online friend. Katie stuck with her thick through thin no matter Grace's mistakes, and there were a couple. Her real friends pretty much took her for granted until the very end. I wish more of the characters had more depth though or even more of a backstory.

I really loved the relationship Grace and Jes formed. He became very open with her and a really good friend. I also appreciated the struggle Grace faced with hanging with the band because of their privacy. 

I really only have two complaints about this book. 1) Grace is 18 and was grounded by her mother. By then you'd be in charge of your own life and could decide what is good or not good for you. 2) I wish it was told in first person. Third person was great, but I wanted to get more of Grace's thoughts about what she was experiencing. Other than that, the book was fantastic!

Overall, I rated this book 4.5/5 stars. It was that amazing! If you love boy bands, I highly recommend this book. It was so nice to read about a character I could somewhat relate to, besides the whole meeting a celebrity thing. 

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.
~Abby

4 comments:

  1. It does sound like a nice read. I had a friend in college who got to know one of the members of her favorite band- man did she have stories! It does sound like first person would be a great way to go for a story like this. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any books involving bands. It sounds great but lacking at some point. Nice to know you still enjoyed it though :) Great review, Abby!

    czai @ the Blacksheep Reader

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know there were boy band books! (I don't like boy bands, but still!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this book, but it sounds interesting! I've never been a huge boy band fan, but I can be persuaded, haha. I'm glad this one was such a hit for you!

    -- Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.