Saturday, January 27, 2018

Review: Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys

Hello everyone!
Today I wanted to share my review for Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys. This is a book that takes place in World War 2 and follows four different perspectives. Alfred is a part of Hitler's army, Florian is a runaway, Emilia was sent away by her family, and Joana is a nurse who misses her family. All the characters have something that is troubling them in their past and they have to deal with that throughout this novel. This story touched my heart and I really enjoyed it.

My favorite character would probably have to be Emilia. She was so innocent and I loved reading from her perspective. She got really attached to Florian at the beginning of the story, and her trust towards him carried on throughout the novel. 

The storyline was spectacular. I thought it would be confusing reading from four perspectives, but it actually added to the story. All the characters were connected in some way and that helped move the story. I found myself not wanting to put this book down and rapidly flipping pages.

Towards the ending of the book, there were definitely tears in my eyes. It was such a tragic event and not many people know about it. I think everyone should read this book at least once in their lives.

I rate this book 5/5 stars. It was amazing and I recommend to anyone and everyone, especially if you love historical fiction set during World War 2. This story really touched my heart and is one of my new favorite books.


Thanks for stopping by. Have a nice day!

~Abby

2 comments:

  1. This cover gives me the chills every time I see it! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.