Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Review: Blood and Sand by C. V. Wyk

Hello everyone!
Today I wanted to share my thoughts on Blood and Sand by C. V. Wyk. This novel follows a girl, Attia, who has been sold as a slave to a man named Timeus. Her people were destroyed by the Romans. She wants revenge against them, but can't act out. We also get the perspective of Xanthus who is a gladiator for Timeus. Attia and Xanthus develop feelings for each other throughout the story and fight to keep each other alive.

I really liked Attia as a character. She knew when it was right to defend herself, and when to stay in the shadows to protect the people she cared about. She was a true warrior who wanted nothing more than to get revenge on the Romans who murdered her people.

I thought there were parts of this story that didn't need to be there. They didn't seem to do anything to help move the story, and I found them quite boring. I also thought parts of the book were quite slow. You'd get to parts and think something exciting was going to happen, but it never did. The ending was quite anticlimactic though. I was expecting an epic battle, but nothing of the sort happened.

I overall really enjoyed this story. I loved watching Attia develop as a character. I also really cared for Xanthus and felt bad for all the sorrow he had to go through.

Overall, I gave this story 4/5 stars. If more had happened throughout the story, it definitely would have a 5 star read. Hopefully, there is a sequel so I can read more about Attia's journey.


If you've read Blood and Sand, let me know your thoughts down in the comments. 

Thanks for stopping by.
~Abby

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful review! I haven't heard of this one, but I'll have to keep an eye out for it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.