Thursday, May 31, 2018

Favorite Middle Grade Reads

Hello everyone!
Today I wanted to share some of my favorite middle grade reads with all of you. I don't middle grade very often, but I really enjoy most of the books I read from this genre.

1. Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
This series follows Sophie who discovers that she is an elf who was living among humans. She is found and taken to the Elvin cities where she adjusts to the new lifestyle while making discoveries about her past. This series is packed with adventure and is such a fun and enjoyable read.

2. Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
I read this series back in elementary school. I fell in love with this story and the world. It follows Kendra and Seth who are sent to their grandparents' house during the summer while their parents are gone on a trip. Little do they know that the land their grandparents live on is actually a magical sanctuary. This series is full of adventure and I couldn't put it down.

3. Wonder by R.J. Palacio
This book was so touching and gave me all the feels. I enjoyed the story and it helped open my eyes to the people around me. I appreciated the different point of views surrounding the story and thought it really added to the plot overall. I highly recommend reading this book.

4. Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper
This is another touching book. It follows a girl who has cerebral palsy and her struggles fitting in. This story made me cry, but it was such a good book. 

5. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
I don't think this series needs a lot of explaining. If you haven't read it yet, give it a try. It's such an amazing series and I can't believe I waited such a long time to actually finish it.

6. Escape From Mr. Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein
This book was so unique. I loved the plot and the characters. It reminded me of a game show and I had so much fun while reading this book. I recommend this book if you love libraries or scavenger hunts.

7. The Healing Spell by Kimberley Griffiths Little
This book follows a girl whose mother is in a coma. The book deals with her coping with her mother not being around and her sister leaving to get married. I really enjoyed this book and the relationships formed. 

8. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
So I have only read the first book in this series, but it was fantastic! I loved all the adventure inside of this book and cannot wait to continue with the story in the rest of the series. If you enjoy books with fairies and spies, this is the perfect book for you.

9. Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
I really enjoyed this book back when I read it in elementary school and still like it to this day. It follows a girl named Miri who lives in Mount Eskel. One day, they are informed that the prince will marry someone from Mount Eskel, so a princess academy is formed to train the girls from the village. This book was so good and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys medieval books.

10. The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
This book follows a city who lives in the dark. The only light they receive comes from light bulbs and candles. One day, Lina and Doon decide that the city will soon run out of supplies, so they take it upon themselves to find a way out. This book is character driven, which I absolutely loved. The characters were so relatable, which made the book that much more enjoyable.

What are some of your favorite middle grade reads?
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
~Abby

2 comments:

  1. The only book on your list that I have read is Wonder, which I loved. Several of the others are on my tbr pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!! A few of these are still on my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.