Thursday, May 24, 2018

Review: Asylum by Madeleine Roux

Hello everyone!
I recently finished reading Asylum by Madeleine Roux. Asylum follows a guy named Dan Crawford who is attending pre-college classes at an old psychiatric hospital. He makes two friends while attending: Abby and Jordan. He barely sees his roommate, Felix, who is always going to the gym. While attending these classes, he and his friends discover ties they have with the old asylum. 

What I Liked

I really enjoyed the plot. I loved reading about their journey uncovering the secrets of the old psychiatric hospital. There wasn't a point of the book that I found myself bored. The chapters were also really short which motivated me to read more in one sitting. This book is a true page-turner.

The pictures included in this book were great. There were pictures of the notes left for them and different pictures they found. I couldn't help but admire the pictures even though they were meant to be creepy.

What I Disliked

I didn't necessarily feel a connection with any of the characters. They weren't my favorite characters I've ever read and it took them awhile to catch onto things that were kind of obvious. Jordan was my least favorite character because he was really annoying. He was also really whiny which I don't like when reading about a character.

This book also wasn't as creepy as I was expecting it to be. I thought I would be a little scarier, but I wasn't even scared for a second. I feel like I would've enjoyed this book a little more if it was a bit scarier.

Overall, this book was 3.5/5 stars for me. I didn't hate it but also didn't love it. I do plan on continuing with the series to see how the story progresses and I really want to know what happens. If you love mystery/suspenseful books, you might enjoy this book. 

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.
~Abby

1 comment:

  1. I actually DNFed this a while back and had to give it up because I had no intention of picking it up again! The premise was very interesting and I loved the pictured included in it but, it did nothing for me!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.