Sunday, January 6, 2019

2018 Reading Stats

Hello everyone!
I always find it interesting to learn about people's reading stats so I thought I'd share my own. I'm pulling most of these from Goodreads, but I'm also doing some of my own.

- I read a total of 78 books and a total of 27,471 pages.
- The average book length I read was 352, which I thought would be higher since I read more books over 400 pages. But I guess it evens out with the shorter books I read.
- The shortest book I read was The White Ballets by Rajka Kupesic with 40 pages.
- The longest book I read was Edgar Allan Poe: Complete Tales and Poems with 1,020 pages.
- The most popular book I read on Goodreads was The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald with over 3 million readers.
- The least popular book I read was Neon Aliens Ate My Homework by Scholastic Inc. with only 18 readers.
- My average rating for the whole year was 3.6 which does not surprise me at all since I rated a lot of books 3-4 stars this year.

Let's move into genres.
- I read 11 adult novels and 46 young adult.
- I read 15 non-fiction and 63 fiction.
- I read 12 rereads for me.
- Poetry: 10
- Biography: 3
- Self-Help: 1
- Middle Grade: 7
- Historical Fiction: 4
- Graphic Novels: 2
- Contemporary/Romance: 11
- Classics: 4
- Science Fiction: 9
- Fantasy: 22
- Thriller: 4

Now let's talk about ratings.
- 5 stars: 22
- 4 stars: 20
- 3 stars: 21
- 2 stars: 13
- 1 star: 3

I think seeing the statistics behind certain things is so interesting. I hope this wasn't too boring.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
~Abby

3 comments:

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.