Thursday, January 3, 2019

Favorite Books of 2018

Hello everyone!
I read some pretty great books in the year of 2018 and wanted to share my favorites with all of you. It was hard to sort through all the books I read this year and pick my favorites, but I love all the ones I chose. I'm going to list them in the order I read them. Also, I'm not including rereads, only books that I read for the first time in 2018.

Roseblood by A.G. Howard
I love Phantom of the Opera and of course loved this retelling. It did have an interesting paranormal twist that a lot of people didn't like, but I thought it added to the original story in a unique way. It's so worth the read and A.G. Howard's writing is so whimsical.

Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
If you want a book that pulls at your heartstrings, this is the book for you. I got so attached to the characters in this novel, and it made me cry so much. I really did enjoy this novel and the story it shared.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
I really enjoyed the movie adaptation of this book in particular, but the book was even better! I don't think I need to explain myself that much about this book.

The Siren by Kiera Cass
After this book, I've decided that Kiera Cass is one of my favorite authors. Her writing is so beautiful and she knows how to keep your attention throughout the novel. I loved the characters in this story and the plot was great. 

The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
I loved the twists this story took and I didn't see the ending coming. I'm so excited for the sequel to come out!

Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
This was one of the best conclusions I've read for a trilogy. All the characters ended up with the RIGHT people and the characters are so lovable. I think part of the reason I really enjoyed this book is because I could relate to certain things Lara Jean was going through in this book. It was a great read and I'm so glad I took the time to read it.

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
I loved Anna and the French Kiss so I thought I'd give this one a go. I was not disappointed. I think it was even better than Anna and the French Kiss and I'm so excited to read Isla and the Happily Ever After.

Adultolescence by Gabbie Hanna
This book got me into poetry, and for that, it had to make my favorites list. This was such a unique poetry book and I'd never read anything like it before. 

The Witch Doesn't Burn In This One by Amanda Lovelace
I loved the messages behind the poetry in this book. I related to a lot of it which added to my enjoyment. I loved this collection.

Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch
This book was so adorable. I loved taking a fictional trip to Italy and falling in love with yet another fictional character. I'm excited to read Jenna Evans Welch's second novel.

The Mistletoe Promise by Richard Paul Evans (aka Jenna Evans Welch's father)
This was such a sweet story with heartache and overcoming it with someone you love. I enjoyed this novel so much.

The Mistletoe Inn by Richard Paul Evans
I think I enjoyed this novel even more than The Mistletoe Promise which I didn't think was possible. This one was fantastic and had such a good message. I couldn't recommend it enough.

What were your favorite reads of 2018?
Thanks for stopping by. Have a fabulous day.
~Abby





4 comments:

  1. Ooh, looks like you read some great ones!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I also love A.G. Howards writing! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a lot of books on this list! Stephanie Perkins’ novels are not my favourite, although they are very easy to get through! I definitely agree with you on Jenny Han’s novels though! The To All the Boy’s series is one I can always go back to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list! I hope you have a great reading year in 2019 as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.