Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Least Favorite Books of 2018

Hello everyone!
I figured since I shared the best books I read in 2018, I'd also share some of the worst I read. I'm only sharing the ones I gave 1 or 2 stars. Just because I didn't like these books doesn't mean others won't really enjoy them. In fact, I know some of these are well loved, they just weren't for me. 

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
I had to read this book for school and just didn't see the point to the novel. I found it dull and just didn't enjoy it at all.

The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher
I did enjoy learning the behind the scenes of Star Wars, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. 

Star Trek: The Manga Volume 1: Shinsei/Shinsei by Chris Dows
I was looking for a story like the tv show, but this just wasn't it for me. 

Starstruck by Rachel Shukert
This story moved too slowly for me and the main character to me seemed too needy. 

All's Faire in Middle School by Victoria Jamieson
I think if I'd read this when I was younger, I would've loved it! But sadly, I didn't enjoy it. The artwork was really nice though.

Kill the Boy Band by Goldy Moldavsky
This book was poorly written and goes against so many morals. I did not enjoy it one bit.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
I know so many people really enjoyed this book, but the pace was super slow for me. It seemed like not a lot happened. I really wanted to like this one, but I didn't.

The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall by Katie Alender
I don't have much to say about this one except it wasn't for me.

Selp-Helf by Miranda Sings
This book tried so hard to be funny, but it wasn't for me. I love watching Miranda, but I didn't like her book. Sorry not sorry.

Newspaper Blackout by Austin Kleon
These poems made absolutely no sense. 

Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
This series really dragged out for me and I really didn't like this sequel. The first book was really good and I couldn't wait to continue, but this book just didn't do it for me. I don't think I'll get around to the third book, but I do plan to read Six of Crows. It sounds more up my alley.

Unwind by Neal Shusterman
This story just wasn't for me. I can see how the plot would be intriguing but I didn't like the concept. 

Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neal Hurston
This is another one I had to read for school and absolutely hated it! I didn't get the point of the book. I found it boring and struggled to get through it.

Only Human by Sylvain Neuvel
I really wanted to like the conclusion to this trilogy, but it was so disappointing. I didn't like how the author went about with the plot of this novel. It had so much potential from book 2, but it didn't live up to my expectations sadly.

Crown of Midnight by Sylvain Neuvel
I think I've just determined that the Throne of Glass series just isn't for me. I really could care less about any of the characters and I'm just not enthralled with the plot. This one didn't keep my attention for long, and because of that, I don't think I will be continuing in the series either. 

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
~Abby

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree on the Throne of Glass series. I am currently stuck on Queen of Shadows and just cannot bring myself to get through it. I may just give up on it. I WANTED to so desperately get through them because so many loved them but I have been at it for months and am getting nowhere!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.