Thursday, February 15, 2018

Review: The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher

Hello everyone!
Today I wanted to share my review for The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher. I just recently finished this book. It's about Carrie Fisher's experience being Princess Leia in the Star Wars films. She recounts different memories, and even shares some events that happened before her Star Wars days. It includes some of her journal entries while filming as well as pictures.

Her sense of humor was great throughout this novel. In almost every story she recounted, there was at least some sarcasm involved or a joke made. This book made me laugh out loud a couple of times. I never realized how funny Carrie Fisher was off-screen. I've only ever seen her as Princess Leia. 

I liked learning a little bit about what it was like filming. She also describes some of her fellow castmates as well as George Lucas. It was fun getting to learn about them through Carrie Fisher's eyes. I do wish there was a little bit more about her experience filming though. It seems like she only skimmed the surface. 

I do think her section about Carrison dragged on a bit. It was about half the novel, and a lot of what she said was repeated in her journal entries. I wish for that part she'd given some insight, and then let the journal entries speak for themselves. 

I ended up rating this book 2.5/5 stars. The story didn't captivate me as much as I wish it had. I am glad I did read about her experience, but I don't know if I'd read it again. I learned a lot more about Star Wars than I had previously known. And I now feel like I know Carrie Fisher a little bit better.

I would love to know what your thoughts on Star Wars are in the comments. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.
~Abby

1 comment:

  1. I am of course a Star Wars (the originals) fan. But not a die hard fan i.e. I have seen them a few times and always felt I could not keep up with all the different names given to characters, planets, invaders...etc. But all the main characters and the storyline was fine for me. Now, I haven't seen these pictures in eons. But, I still want to read this book. I just would like to learn a bit more about Carrie Fisher she and Wonder Woman were my two heroines growing up and I love them still!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.