Sunday, February 4, 2018

Top Ten Book Related Quotes

Hello everyone!
I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite book-related quotes, whether it's from a book, from an author, or about reading in general.

1. "A book is a dream that you hold in your hands." -Neil Gaiman 

2. "Sometimes you read a book so special that you want to carry it around with you for months after you've finished it just to stay near it." -Markus Zusak

3. "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." -George RR Martin

4. "We could all use a little more weird in our lives." -Fitz Vacker, Exile

5. "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light." -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

6. "You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world but you do have some say in who hurts you." -John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

7. "Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you." -Carlos Ruiz Zafn

8. "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave." -Mo Willems

9. "You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend." -Paul Sweeney

10. "It's always the fear of looking stupid that stops you from being awesome." -Kiera Cass, The Selection


Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what some of your favorite book quotes are in the comments.
~Abby

4 comments:

  1. I don't know that I really have any favorite book quotes but I love the first quote you shared from Neil Gaiman. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some beautiful quotes here! I love The Selection series and I think some great quotes came out of that series. I also love any of the quotes in The Hate U Give by: Angie Thomas. Very powerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to read The Hate U Give, and I've heard it's a really powerful story. I should pick it up soon.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful quotes!! "A book is a dream that you hold in your hands." -Neil Gaiman is one of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.