Sunday, February 25, 2018

Top 5 Favorite First Sentences

Hello everyone!
I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite first sentences from books. The first sentence or so are a huge factor in whether you keep reading the book or not. 

1. "They say that just before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes, but that’s not how it happened for me."
(Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver)

2. "Now that I've found the way to fly, which direction should I go into the night?"
(Matched by Ally Condie)

3. "I curse anyone who reads this book."
(The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich)

4. "At home, I have a poster on my wall of a rose that's bleeding."
(Roseblood by A.G. Howard)

5. "If I had to do it all over again, I would not have chosen this life."
(The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen)

What are some of your favorite first lines in books? 
Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous week.
~Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.