Sunday, September 9, 2018

Review: Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch

Hello everyone!
I finished reading Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch a few days ago and adored it. This novel follows Lina who moves to Italy to live with her father after her mother dies from cancer. Lina is given one of her mother's old journals and learns makes some surprising discoveries about her past. The story goes from there and is so much fun to read.

Firstly, I'd just like to say I loved the authors writing. If you didn't know, Jenna Evans Welch is the daughter of Richard Paul Evans, so I'm sure he aided in her love for writing. This book was so easy to read and I never wanted to put it down. It was pretty fast-paced for a contemporary which I appreciated. I don't really care for slow-moving plots. 

I loved that the book was set in Italy. It almost felt like I was in Italy with Lina as she was discovering things about her mother's past. I now want to go visit Italy so badly! Also, the friends Lina made along the way were so lovable and welcoming. I really appreciated how this contemporary not only focused on a romance but also familial relationships. 

Overall, this book was AMAZING! I rated it 5/5 stars. I loved everything about it: the setting, the characters, the relationships, the writing, etc... I had no idea how addicting this story would be going into it, but I really enjoyed myself while reading this novel. I now want to pick up her second novel to see if it's just as good. (I hope so.) I highly recommend this book to anyone!

Thanks for stopping by. Have an awesome day.
~Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.