Sunday, December 16, 2018

2019 Reading Goals

Hello everyone!
The new year is right around the corner, and a new year means new goals. Last year I set up some pretty high reading goals for which books I wanted to get to, so instead of adding to that list, I'm going to try to get to them this year. The books I want to get to this year are:
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
The Diviners by Libba Bray
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
The Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare
War Storm by Victoria Aveyard
Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu
The Hunt for the Seventh by Christin Morton-Shaw

That's only 12 books (not including individual books for series), so I should be able to get to them all. I won't be disappointed if I don't complete the series, but I at least want to get a decent start in each of them.

My reading goal for 2019 is going to be 75 which is a step up from my goal of 50 last year. It shouldn't be too hard of a goal to accomplish since I exceeded 50 in 2018.

A genre I want to read more of in 2019 is poetry. I discovered I really like poetry last year and want to read more of it. This shouldn't be too hard to do since I can usually read a collection in a day or two.

My big goal is to start reading more of the books I own and not check out so many books from the library. Don't get me wrong, I love the library, I just own a lot of books that I haven't read yet and I'm super excited for them. 

What are your goals for 2019?
Keep an eye out for my 2018 goals wrap up at the end of the year.
Thanks for stopping by. Have an awesome day.
~Abby

4 comments:

  1. The Raven Boys is such a great series!! I am obsessed with it and read the entire series probably within a week. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited to read it. I've only heard amazing things about the entire series.

      Delete
  2. Quite a few of these are on my 2019 reading list too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! I hope you're able to get to all of these :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.