Sunday, December 9, 2018

Books I Wish I'd Gotten to in 2018

Hello everyone!
I read many good books this year, but there is definitely a list of books that I wish I'd gotten to but didn't. I narrowed the list down to 10 books (technically 11) to share with you all today. Hopefully, I'll get to all of them next year. *fingers crossed*

War Storm by Victoria Aveyard
I was highly anticipating this release earlier this year since I finished King's Cage, but funnily enough, I never got around to it. Well, I did try to read it at one point, but at the time just wasn't in the fantasy mood so put it down for a later time and just never got back to it. This will probably be one of the first books I read in 2019 because I want to know how this series ends!

Vengeful by V.E. Schwab
I absolutely loved Vicious when I read it last year and couldn't wait for Vengeful to come out. I think part of the reason I didn't pick this up right away is because I thought Vicious ended so nicely that I'm worried Vengeful won't be as good. I guess I'll find out when I finally pick it up.

Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu &
Catwoman: Soulstealer by Sarah J. Maas















I'm including these as one because they are part of the same series and I wanted to read them both this year, but that didn't happen. Now I'll have three of them to read because the Superman one comes out next year. I'm really looking forward to these stories and hoping I really like them.

Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns by Chris Colfer
I read the first book towards the beginning of this year and adored it! I loved Chris Colfer's character in Glee and found out he was an author so I obviously had to check his books out. I wasn't expecting his writing to be so good, but I loved it. I wanted to get ahold of the second book right after the first, but didn't have the money to buy it and didn't want to wait a ridiculously long time from the library. Hopefully, in 2019 I can finally continue in this series.

Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
I've read both of Ruta Sepetys' other novels and adored both of them! I love her writing and just didn't get around to reading this novel by her. I believe she only has three books out, and this is the only one out of the three that I have not read. It's also one I don't hear many people talk about so I don't know if it's because it's less popular or people didn't like it as much.

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
Okay, so the main reason I didn't pick this one up this year is because I forgot a lot of what happened in book 1 and would need to reread it in order to move on to this book. I really did like the first book, it's just that Cassandra Clare books take me a while to read because they're kinda lengthy. I'm determined to read it next year though.

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
My original plan was to read the first two books before the third came out, but as you can tell, that definitely didn't happen. I'm still super excited to read this series, it's just there were so many other books I wanted to read this year.

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
I really liked the other two books in this series and don't know why I didn't get to this one. It's definitely going to happen next year.

The Diviners by Libba Bray
I've been meaning to pick this book up ever since I bought it I think two years ago which is a long time. I've just been intimidated by its size and at the time the other books weren't out yet, but now they are so I should get to this one. 

Where She Went by Gayle Forman
I've always wondered what happened to the characters after If I Stay so I really don't know why I haven't picked up the sequel yet. 

What books did you wish to have read in 2018?
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.
~Abby

3 comments:

  1. Those look like great books! I totally intended to read Echo by Paul Muñoz Ryan, but haven't gotten around to it. Hopefully I'll do it this next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also hoping to read War Storm soon. I'm not hyped about it but I really just need to read more about Maven. hahaha. Out of the Easy is good although if you compare it to her other books, it isn't as amazing and heartbreaking.

    I was hoping to read Dry this year. but ohwell, I'll read it first thing in 2019. Happy Reading, Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn’t even know that Ruta Sepetys had another book out! I absolutely loved her other two, if it’s anything similar I’m sure it’s brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.