Tuesday, December 4, 2018

The Joy of Christmas Book Tag

Hello everyone!
It's officially December and the Christmas season. What better way to kick off the season than with a Christmas book tag. The original can be found over at Sam's Nonsense.

1. Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating?
I honestly can't think of any releases I'm excited for in December, but in January The Wicked King by Holly Black is coming out and I'm so pumped! I loved The Cruel Prince and have been awaiting the sequel since I finished it.

2. Christmas Songs/Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing it's praise?
This one's easy for me, Richard Paul Evans. I love his Michael Vey series and have started delving into his other novels and am falling in love with them as well. His writing is fantastic!

3. Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building?
This series never fails when it comes to world building. It's so intricate and I love it. Shannon Messenger put a lot of thought into this world.

4. A Christmas Carol: Favorite classic or one that you want to read.
My favorite classic is...
No surprise there. I've mentioned it's my favorite before.

5. Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas?
There's too many to only choose one. I'll narrow it down to my top 7 because just 5 was too hard.
1 - Michael Vey: Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans
2 - Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
3 - The Lady of the Rivers by Philippa Gregory
4 - King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard
5 - P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
6 - Love, Lucy by April Lindner
7 - Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

6 - Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling?
This trilogy is perfect because it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling as you read.

7 - Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favorite book covers?

That was quite a few, I apologize. But I can't help but adore these covers every time I see them for different reasons.

8. Christmas Joy: What are some of your favorite things about Christmas and/or some of your favorite Christmas memories?
My favorite thing about Christmas is giving presents to those I care about. It's always fun to see their reactions when they open your gift. I also like spending more time with my family.
My favorite Christmas memory would have to be getting the Purple Rain album by Prince a couple years ago. I had wanted the album for awhile and my parents got it for me on vinyl. I love it so much.

What is your favorite gift you've ever gotten for Christmas?
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
~Abby





2 comments:

  1. I’ve never actually read Phantom but I ADORE the musical. I should get to it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.