Sunday, March 24, 2019

Best Retellings I've Read So Far

Hello everyone!
Retellings are one of my favorite plots to read about, so I thought I'd suggest a few today.

Roseblood by A.G. Howard
Roseblood is a Phantom of the Opera retelling, and in my opinion it was really well done. It added some really interesting twists to the original story which I really enjoyed. 

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
This trilogy is a Hades and Persephone retelling and was so well done. I loved how it incorporated all the Greek gods in this series and you got to see their personalities. I just really enjoyed this trilogy and if you enjoy Greek mythology, I think you'd enjoy this trilogy. The third book also made me cry so much.

Avalon High by Meg Cabot
Avalon High is a King Arthur retelling in modern day. The characters are high school students, but they have a connection to the original story. This retelling was such a fun one to read.

Austenland by Shannon Hale
As the title suggests, this novel revolves around Jane Austen's novels. It incorporates a lot of her plots, but more specifically Pride and Prejudice. It had so many funny scenes, and was overall a really enjoyable read. If you enjoy Jane Austen's novels, I suggest you check this book out.

The Princess Curse by Merrie Haskell
The Princess Curse is a Twelve Dancing Princesses as well as a Beauty and the Beast retelling. The prince offers a reward to anyone who can reverse the curse on the princesses that causes them to dance each night. Everyone who has tried has fallen under a sleeping curse. Reveka rises to the occasion and it was such an amazing read. I highly suggest checking this one out.

The Selection by Kiera Cass
While this series may not be a conventional retelling, it pretty much is a retelling of The Bachelor. It has just as much drama and I love it. This series was so addicting.

I'm always on the lookout for a good retelling, so if you have any I'd love to hear what they are.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
~Abby


4 comments:

  1. I’m really interested in The Goddess Test! I am always looking for new books about Greek mythology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fantastic read. I highly recommend it, but it did make me cry which is hard to do. I was so attached to the main character throughout the trilogy.

      Delete
  2. The Princess Curse was super interesting, I wish we got a sequel though!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.