Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Book Recommendations

Hello everyone!
I wanted to share some book recommendations with you all today. I love receiving book recommendations and wanted to give some of my own. I've narrowed it down to just 10 for today, I'm sure there will be more in the future.

Michael Vey by Richard Paul Evans
I can't do a recommendation post without mentioning this amazing series. I was along for the ride since book 1 was released and it has a very dear place in my heart. I think everyone should give it a try. It follows Michael who discovers he has electrical powers. It heavily relies on friendship and takes you for a wild ride.

Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
So far there are only 7 books out, but there are supposed to be 9 in the series. It's about a girl named Sophie who discovers that she is an elf. It follows her journey of being swept up in the elvin world and learning who she really is. You won't want to put these books down, they are so addicting.

Roseblood by A.G. Howard
This is a Phantom of the Opera retelling with a supernatural twist, and it was fantastic! It was probably my favorite book I read last year. If you enjoy Phantom of the Opera, I highly suggest you check this book out. It's not for everyone, but it was so good.

The Martian by Andy Weir
This book was hilarious. Both the book and the movie are amazing and I don't prefer one over the other. I really enjoyed this story and it gripped me from page one. It was so interesting to see how he survived by himself on Mars. I highly recommend this book if you love science fiction or humorous books.

The Selection by Kiera Cass
If you have not read these books yet, what are you doing? Go pick them up right now! These are the books that got me into young adult fiction. How I describe it is it's like the bachelor but in a kingdom. Thirty-five girls are trying to win the love of the prince, but only one can become his bride. I loved this series and it takes no time at all to get through.

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
I loved these books. I still need to get around to reading War Storm, but I have loved this series so far. It's about a society that revolves around magic. If you have silver blood, you have powers and are above the people who have red blood who are supposed to not have any powers. Well, Mare has red blood so she shouldn't have any powers, but she does. It follows her journey of discovering her power and fighting to survive in the society.

Wings by Aprilynne Pike
This book series is a hidden gem. I flew through these books in a week and adored them. It's about faeries and how Laurel is introduced to that world. She is forced to face impossible decisions and it was so much fun to read. I highly recommend you check these books out.

The Jewel by Amy Ewing
This trilogy was so addicting. I flew through all of these books. It has an interesting plot. These girls are chosen to become surrogates for the higher class, but then they choose to rebel. How they are being treated is not right. I loved the idea of the story and it was such an addicting read.

Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
This is a middle grade series that is about a magical preservation. Kendra and Seth are sent to their grandparents house for the summer, but little do they know that their grandparents run a secret magical preservation. The books follow their journey in this magical world and they were full of adventure. I loved reading these books so much.

Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch
This book is such an adorable read. It takes place in Italy and is the perfect read with spring coming up. It's such a heart warming romance and you won't be disappointed when you read it.

What are the books you recommend to everyone?
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
~Abby

1 comment:

  1. These look like really fun reads! I completely support Keeper as well! One of my favorites to recommend is The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.