Friday, March 8, 2019

Review: Splintered by A.G. Howard

Hello everyone!
I recently finished reading Splintered by A.G. Howard after my sister begging me to do so. I was pleasantly surprised. I was waiting to write this review until I finished the series, but I wasn't in the mood for book 2. Splintered follows a girl named Alyssa who is the descendant of Alice who visited Wonderland. It tells her story of discovering her lineage and what really happened in Wonderland.

Firstly, I'd just like to say that my favorite parts of the book were once she entered Wonderland. I found the scenes in the "normal" world so dull and boring. I was so eager to enter Wonderland (which is why I couldn't get into book 2 - I still want to give it a try later though). I thought Wonderland was so whimsical and I enjoyed the darker aspects to it. It's described so differently to the Alice in Wonderland we think about. 

I honestly didn't really care for any of the characters, but I was hooked to the plot. It was so addicting, and A.G. Howard has a way with words. I discovered this in Roseblood. She describes things so well and comes up with intriguing plots that get you hooked from the get go.

Overall, I rated this book 4 out of 5 stars. The reason I didn't rate it higher is because of the characters and how boring the first 4 chapters were for me. Other than that, I really enjoyed the story. I'm still intrigued enough to finish the rest of the series, but it probably won't happen any time soon.

Have you read this series? What did you think of it?
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
~Abby

2 comments:

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.