Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Favorite Historical Fiction

Hello everyone!
It's been a while, but I really want to try to get back into a regular routine of posting. Today I wanted to share some of my favorite historical fiction novels. Historical fiction isn't something I read on a regular basis, but I do enjoy it from time to time.

I wanted to start out by mentioning two of Ruta Sepetys' novels. 
They're both set during world war 2. Between Shades of Gray follows a girl who is sent to concentration camp and her struggles there. Salt to the Sea follows four different refugees who are fleeing the Soviet Union. Both of them are heartbreaking stories, but I loved them.

Blood and Sand is another great historical fiction that I think is underrated. More people need to read this book! It's set in Rome and is a gender swapped story of Spartacus, but it's also so much more than that. Attia is such a strong, independent character who has to prove herself. I loved this novel so much.

Warrior of the Wild is set during viking times. This was the first viking novel I ever read and it was so good! I loved all the characters and the development they had to go through. Plus the writing was so beautiful. It has inspired me to read more viking inspired novels.

Devil's Arithmetic is about a brother and sister from modern day who travel back in time to the Holocaust. They are put into a concentration camp where they not only endure all the pain there, but also have to find a way back home. This wasn't an easy novel to read, but it was worth it.

Clockwork Angel is set in Victorian London but also in the Shadow-hunter world. So you get a taste of what Victorian life was like with some Supernatural events mixed in. It's such a fun read.

What are your favorite historical fiction novels? I'm always on the hunt for new ones to read. 
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
~Abby

P.S. I just started a bookstagram account you should follow (if you want to). @abbysreadingcorner

3 comments:

  1. Warrior of the Wild is on my TBR!! I really want to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of Rita Sepetys’ novels. She takes not very well known events throughout history and breathes such life into them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love historical fiction! One of my all time favorites is Rifles for Watie. It changed my view on the Civil War.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.