Sunday, June 23, 2019

Review: An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

 Hello everyone!
Ever since I finished this book I've been asking myself why didn't I read this sooner? I was pushing it off because of all the hype. I was worried I wouldn't like it as much as everyone else, but boy did I. I'm so bad at describing this book, but it follows Laia who is trying to save her brother who has been imprisoned for treason. It also follows Elias who is a soldier but just wants freedom. Their paths cross in an unexpected way and they become more important to each other than they could have imagined. Going into this book, I didn't know what to expect. But Sabaa Tahir wrote such a beautiful story.

First off, the writing is so eloquent. I was hooked from page one and struggled to ever put this book down. It kept me up late at night reading because I had to know what happened next. I even cried and it's been a long time since a book has made me cry. I just got so attached to these characters and I didn't want any more pain to come upon them.

The author was so good at fooling me with her twists. There were a few times I thought so many of the characters were going to die only to have them barely survive. There is also so much betrayal and friendship being tested. This book was just so good!

I did rate this book 5/5 stars. It was that fantastic. I would definitely reread it. I had to pick up the second book as soon as I finished this one. I'm hoping it's just as good. I highly recommend you read this book if you haven't done so already.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.
~Abby

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this book. Unfortunately the series deteriorated for me, it just got kinda boring, but this book was very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sad to hear. So far I'm liking the second book, but it's not as eventful/suspenseful as the first one was at this point.

      Delete
  2. It took me forever to read this book too, but I ended up really liking it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.