Monday, June 24, 2019

The Fellowship of the Ring Book Tag

Hello everyone!
If you haven't already noticed, I really like doing book tags. I have recently become obsessed with The Lord of the Rings. I've grown up watching the movies, but I didn't come to understand/appreciate them until a couple years ago. Ever since, I've been obsessed. So today I wanted to share that love with you all by doing a Fellowship of the Ring book tag created by Unputdownable Books.

Gandalf - A book that taught you something.
This book caused me to learn many things about myself. The Screwtape Letters is one of those thought provoking books that causes you to look within yourself and question how you're going about life. I thoroughly enjoyed it even though I was forced to read it for class.

Frodo - A book that left a mark on you.
The Women are Some Kind of Magic series I think definitely put a "mark" on me. They were thought provoking poems and caused me to think about other people differently. You never know what someone is going through just by looking at them and these collections of poems helped me realize that.

Legolas - A book you finished in one sitting.
It's very rare for me to finish a novel in one sitting, but I usually finish poetry collections in one sitting. This was the collection that helped me realize my love for poetry, so I wanted to mention it.

Gimli - A book that features an unlikely friendship.
In this final book of the Michael Vey series, the Electroclan becomes friends with their enemies and band together to take down their ultimate enemy. That's all I'll say about that.

Merry - A book that pleasantly surprised you.
I did not expect to like this book as much as I did, but I found it hard to put it down.

Pippin - A book that made you laugh.
Despite him being in a dire situation, Watney has a great sense of humor that you can't help but laugh while reading this book.

Boromir - A book/series that ended too soon.
This is the final book of the To All the Boys I've Loved Before trilogy and I can't help but want to know more about Lara Jean. This book had a satisfying ending, but I got so attached to Lara Jean and Peter that I want to see where their life is headed.

Sam - A book with memorable side characters who stole the show.
I think I cared a lot more for the side characters in this series than I did for Harry Potter. Don't get me wrong, I wanted Harry to live, I just got so attached to the other characters. I didn't want to see any of them die, although quite a few of them did anyways.

Aragorn - A good book with a bad/average cover.
I love the colors of the covers in this trilogy, but to be honest, they look tacky. I love the typography, but having a person on the cover sometimes takes away from it.

Gollum - A book that had great potential but disappointed you in the end.
Unpopular opinion, I didn't really enjoy this book. Based on all the hype, I was expecting so many great things from this book, but it ended up disappointing me. I have a hard time wanting to continue in this series based on the fact that I don't care about the characters or the plot. I am interested in reading her other book series though.

I'm sure this is the first of many Lord of the Rings tags. 
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
~Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.