Thursday, June 20, 2019

Ten Favorite Books/Series

Hello everyone!
I haven't done a post dedicated to my favorite books since I started my blog last year. I thought I'd share ten with you all today. Some of them will be repeats, and most of them I will have posted a lot about on my blog already. I just want to put it out there that these books are in no particular order. It's too hard for me to rank my favorite books.

Michael Vey by Richard Paul Evans
I've talked about this series many times, and I will probably talk about it many more. In case you don't know what this book is about it follows Michael Vey and his group of friends who have electrical abilities. He and his friends create a group called the Electroclan who work together to take down their enemy Dr. Hatch. (He's one of the best villains I've ever read about.) It's a series full of action and terrific characters. I highly suggest you check it out.

Wings by Aprilynne Pike
Wings is yet another series I think more people should read. It's so magical and action packed. It follows Laurel who has believed all her life that she was human, until one day she sprouts wings on her back. She's been a fairy her whole life and had no idea. Laurel has to decide which world she wants to be a part of throughout the series: the human world with David or the fairy world with Tamani?

Roseblood by A.G. Howard
This is yet another book I refer to a lot ever since I read it last year. For anyone who doesn't know, it's a Phantom of the Opera retelling with a paranormal twist. Since I love Phantom of the Opera, it was no surprise that I really enjoyed this book. 

Women are Some Kind of Magic by Amanda Lovelace
These are a collection of poems. Each collection has poems about overcoming trauma and becoming stronger from it. I think there's poems in here that everyone could connect to. Amanda Lovelace just has a way with words that pulls at your heartstrings while reading. I absolutely loved each and every collection. 

Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
This is yet another book I read last year and absolutely fell in love with. For some reason, I love heartbreaking novels. Salt to the Sea takes place during 1945 and follows four refugees who are all fleeing the Soviet Union. They're headed to a ship that promises freedom, and along the way their paths cross. They work together for survival. This isn't a light book, but it is so worth the read.

The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
This is another book that I read last year and fell in love with. I picked it up originally because of all the hype, but once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. For those who don't know, it's about a mortal named Jude who is kidnapped (along with her sisters) into the Faerie world. There she has to watch her back at all times especially against Cardan who seems to have it out for her. This was such an intriguing read and I really enjoyed it.

Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
This wonderful book was introduced to me by one of my friends. It's about Sophie who has grown up believing she's human until one day a mysterious boy shows up telling her that she is in fact an elf. She is swept into the elven world and has to learn about her past and why she was taken into the human world. It's such a fun read and I highly recommend you check this series out.

The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
This is my favorite classic of all time. I always preface this book by saying that if you didn't enjoy the movie, I think you'd enjoy the book a lot more because the Phantom is shed in a totally different light. I love both the movie and the book equally despite their differences. 

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Red Queen follows Mare who is a red blood. In this world there are two kinds of people: those with silver blood who have powers and those with red blood who don't. The red blooded people live their lives as peasants while the silvers get to live in luxury. Their worlds are changed when one day Mare discovers she has powers by accident. The book follows her trying to fit in with the silvers but also discerning who she can and cannot trust. This whole series is full of adventure and I loved it so much.

The Selection by Kiera Cass
This series is what got me reading more into the young adult genre. It swept me away from book one and had me hooked until the very end. I like to describe this book as The Bachelor set in a dystopian society with a prince. Thirty-five girls are all competing for his heart and it's such a fun read full of so much drama. If you're looking for something light and fluffy to read, I recommend this series.

What are some of your favorite books? I'd love to know!
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
~Abby



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.