Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Book Unhaul Challenge

Hello everyone!
I've seen this challenge floating around on YouTube and decided I should do it. I own a lot of books, some of them I didn't like or just don't care for anymore, or I didn't finish them. There are the few that I know I won't get around to. This challenge was created by BooksandLala. You can watch her original video here.

1. A book you rated low.
I did not enjoy this book at all. I don't know why I even finished reading it. 

2. A book you changed your mind about.
I really enjoyed this series when I first read it, but since then I've realized it's nothing special. I don't see myself rereading this book, so I don't see the need for keeping it.

3. A series you won't be completing.
All the series that I own I've either completed or am working on completing, so I don't have any books for this challenge.

4. A book you DNF'd.
This book just dragged for me. I got halfway through before I gave up reading it. 
This book just got so repetitive and I couldn't get into it. Also, the main character was annoying for me to read about. I know so many people enjoyed this book, but I am not one of those people.

5. A book you have multiple copies of.
I own both a paperback and hardback copy of this book and am going to get rid of the paperback copy since most of my books in this series are hardback.

6. A book you'll never actually get to.
When I got this book, I didn't realize it was part of a series. I don't have time to catch up to this book, so I'm getting rid of it.

7. A book you bought because of the hype.
All the books I've bought because of the hype I've either read or am planning to read in the near future.

8. A book you bought because of the cover.
This cover was so pretty when I saw it in the store that I couldn't help but buy it. Since then, I've lost interest in the premise.

9. A book you don't know anything about.
I got this book a few years back and literally have no idea what it's about. I don't think I'd ever get around to reading this one.

10. A book you didn't buy.
Every year my library does a book swap where you take books you don't want anymore and get new books. I got this one from there and have since then lost interest in reading this one.

All of these books will be going to the library book swap this year or will be donated. 
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
~Abby

5 comments:

  1. Great list! Last month I got rid of so many books that I've just had for no reason. I didn't even have a proper shelf for them either!

    Elle Inked @ Keep on Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun challenge! I am super jelly that you have either completed or are working to complete all the series you've started. I am SOOO bad at keeping up with series, it's not even funny. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done that before a few times, re: A Thousand Pieces of You. Had to have a book for the cover or whatever, and then lost interest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This always feels so good (to unhaul books). Like you, I've bought many a book that sits on my shelf for eons, and eventually, what happens is I lose interest. Nothing wrong with that - I like knowing what types of reads best suit my reading tastes. :)

    Thanks for visiting Finding Wonderland, Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get what you mean! Every day by David Levithan was such a let down! The idea was interesting, sure, but I just don't know how to put it in words why I don't like it.I'm glad to find someone who doesn't like it too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.