Sunday, July 29, 2018

Review: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Hello everyone!
A couple days ago I finished reading Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. I liked this book a whole lot better than Anna and the French Kiss, and I also think it was cuter. This book follows Lola who is dating a boy who is five years older than she and her parents disapprove. Lola has a very adventurous style and would one day like to go into the costume industry. One day, her next door neighbors move back and she has dreaded this day for years, ever since her fallout with Cricket Bell. Lola has to face her neighbor while deciding who she is and if her boyfriend is really 'the one'.  

Like I previously mentioned, this book was way cuter than Anna and the French Kiss (which was still cute). I felt like the characters in this story were far more relatable. I really liked getting to know Cricket as a character. He was the perfect boyfriend material. Max, I didn't like from the beginning, but I was still giving him a chance. I also really liked seeing Lola develop as a character and learn that you can't depend on someone to become yourself. There wasn't anything in this book that I didn't like. 

I rated this book 5/5 stars. I really enjoyed it. If you didn't particularly care for Anna and the French Kiss, or you liked it, I highly recommend giving Lola and the Boy Next Door a try. Anna and St. Clair are also featured in this book which I thought was cool. I can't wait to read Isla and the Happily Ever After to see how I enjoy that one.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a fantastic day.
~Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.