Tuesday, April 3, 2018

O.W.L. Readathon TBR

Hello everyone!
I've recently seen this readathon all over YouTube and thought it sounded fun. It's based on the O.W.L's from the Harry Potter series. It's taking place from April 2 - April 29. If you would like all the details, you can check out the Twitter page here. To receive an outstanding, you need to complete 5 O.W.L's, so that's what I'll be aiming for. I'm going to include a couple extra O.W.L's to ensure I read at least 5.


These are the O.W.L's/challenges I'll be completing (the entire list of O.W.L's on the Twitter page):

Divination - Read a book that features prophecies
This book features the prophecy concerning Harry and Voldermort which is a perfect fit for this challenge so I can complete the series.











Care of Magical Creatures - Read a book that includes magical creatures or features a magical creature on the cover
Continuing with the Harry Potter theme, I want to read Fantastic Beasts to learn more about the creatures from the Harry Potter series.











Ancient Runes - Read a book with a symbol on the cover
This book features the symbol of a snitch on the cover, so I wanted to use it for this challenge. Plus, it's a really quick read.












Arithmacy - Read a book with a number on the cover or in the title
This book has the number thousand in the title which made it perfect for this challenge. I don't know a whole lot about his book, but I'm excited to read it.











Astronomy - Read a science-fiction book
I don't know if this is technically a science-fiction book, but I'm going to count it as one. This book has been on my TBR ever since it was released, and I think it's about time to get around to it. I'm surprised I haven't read it yet, but it's going to happen this month.








Charms - Read a fantasy book
This book is all about sirens, so I thought it would be the perfect fantasy book to read for this challenge. Plus I love Kiera Cass' writing and am really excited to read this one.










History of Magic - Read a historical fiction
I've been meaning to reread this book, and this gives me the perfect excuse to do so. this book is set during World War II, but specifically the Holocaust.











Transfiguration - Read a book that deals with transfiguration/shapeshifting or similar theme or a book with a cat on the cover
I've been meaning to reread this book as well, and now is the perfect opportunity. One of the side characters is a shapeshifter which is perfect for this challenge.










Those are all the books I plan to read for my O.W.L's. I hope I can get to all of them. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.
~Abby

3 comments:

  1. I loved Between Shades of Gray! I've actually had Paranormalcy in my TBR since it was first released, but I still haven't gotten to it. One of these days! I haven't read Claudia Grey's new series but I remember enjoying her Evernight series when I was in high school. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the readathon! I have Between Shade of Gray on my tbr list and can't wait to get to that one. I hope you love all of these books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in your challenge! A lot of the books you picked are so good! I loved Between Shades of Gray, although it was very sad. The Siren was also an adorable, easy to get through book.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.