Thursday, April 12, 2018

Review: Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo

So I finally got around to reading this book, and I really enjoyed it. This book follows Diana who lives with her Amazon sisters on the island Themyscira. One day, she sees a boat sink and saves a girl, Alia, who she soon finds out is the Warbringer. The book follows their journey in trying to end the Warbringer line.

I really enjoyed the characters. The only one I really disliked was Jason, and that was for a good reason I later found out. I loved how Nim and Theo stuck with Alia through all of her struggles and didn't turn their backs on her. This book had really good friendships.

I also really enjoyed how the author included Greek mythology. Diana grew up learning about gods and goddesses, so she shared some of the stories and I really enjoyed it. It was also incorporated into their mission. It's used in the twist towards the end of the novel. The twist comes out of nowhere and makes you so angry, but it was really well done. Through the whole book, you would never see it coming. It just hits you in the face and you want to scream. Nonetheless, this book was amazing!

I only have one complaint about this book: There wasn't as much action as I was expecting. I figured since it was a Wonder Woman novel, there would be some more action, but most of it happened towards the ending. 

I rated this book 4.5/5 stars because I wish there was some more action. There were parts I would find a little dull, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the book as a whole. I highly recommend this book, especially if you're a Wonder Woman/DC/superhero fan.

Let me know if you've read this book and what you thought of it.
Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day.
~Abby


2 comments:

  1. I just bought this book a few days ago. I am really looking forward to reading it so I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed it as much as you did. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn’t enjoy this book as much as other people seemed to and that was because of the lack of action. I needed more of a plot to it, and I’m not familiar with Diana’s story to begin with so I found myself disconnected.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.