Sunday, April 8, 2018

Review: Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling

Hello everyone!
I recently completed the Harry Potter series. It has taken me many years to complete this series, but I've finally done it. This series was an emotional rollercoaster, but I really enjoyed it. My favorite book in the series would have to be Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I enjoyed all the adventure in that book and the new secrets that were revealed.

This series was fantastic. The characters were so lovable and I found myself getting attached to so many of them just to have them die soon after. The plot was very intricate and even though I had already seen the movies, I didn't want to put the books down. It was like it was my first time being immersed in the Harry Potter world. I can't wait to eventually reread this books in the future.

My only complaint with this series is that in each book the beginnings tend to be a little boring while Rowling builds up to the climax towards the end of the book. Not all of them are this way, but Chamber of Secrets and Deathly Hallows were the ones that I noticed this the most with. This didn't stop me from enjoying the series in any way though.

Ratings:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - 5/5 stars
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - 4/5 stars
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - 5/5 stars
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - 5/5 stars
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - 4/5 stars
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - 5/5 stars
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 4.5/5 stars

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
~Abby

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of the Harry Potter series and I am not really interested in it. I may be at some point in the future just not now. I have however read most in the Outlander series and some of the books are like that too. Start out slow and then build but in the end are worth the really huge books for it. Glad you enjoyed them!

    Mary @StackingMyBookShelves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing the series!! Isn't it such a great feeling when you finally finish a series after so many years? As I said on one of your other posts, I've never get into this series. I tried the first book a few times when I was younger, but I could just never get into it. Maybe one day I'll try again! They do sound good.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.