Thursday, June 14, 2018

Books to Read If You Like Magic

Hello everyone!
Today I wanted to share some book recommendations with all of you, specifically if you enjoy reading about magic.

1. The Siren by Kiera Cass
This book has a very unique magic system. The sirens voices are their main ability and it was so interesting reading about how they went about using their power.

2. Michael Vey by Richard Paul Evans
I've talked about this series a lot, but I just have to mention it again. The teenagers in this series have electrical powers and the series follows them defeating Dr. Hatch who wants to take over the world. I adore this series and you should definitely read it if you love books about powers.

3. Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
I also mention this series a ton as well, but this whole series revolves around Elvin abilities and it's incredible. Enough said.

4. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
This series is very well known, but there are still so many people who haven't read this series. It's about witches and wizards who attend a school for magic. If you haven't read this series yet, please do. 

5. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
This series centers around silver bloods and red bloods. Silvers have abilities while reds don't, until one day, Mare discovers she has a power but she's a red blood. This series is so good, and I still need to read the conclusion, but I'm sure it will be just as good.

6. Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
This series is about a sanctuary for magical creatures. There are fairies, dragons, witches, centaurs, etc... If you enjoy any of those things, I highly recommend this series.

7. Vicious by V.E. Schwab
This book may not have natural abilities, but the characters do acquire abilities throughout the book. It follows two college students who are studying if a person could become superhuman. This book was beautifully written and I could not put it down.

8. The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer
I have only read the first book in this series, but I really enjoyed it. It's about a brother and sister who find themselves in the fairytale world and magic is all around them. This book was very magical and whimsical and I really enjoyed it. If you enjoy fairytales, you may enjoy this series.

9. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
I've only read the first book in this series, but it was so good. It's about a girl named Juliette who's touch is lethal. This ability haunts her life considering she can't be close with anyone, or so she thinks. Tahereh Mafi's writing is very beautiful and I found myself sucked into this world.

10. The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
This series follows Greek mythology in the modern world. So obviously there is going to be powers because of the Greek gods and goddesses. I really enjoyed this series, and if you enjoy Greek mythology, this series might be for you.

Let me know what some of your favorite books/series are that have magical elements in them.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
~Abby

1 comment:

  1. Literally half of the books/series that you listed I love and adore! <3 Great post!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.