Thursday, June 21, 2018

Halsey Book Tag

Hello everyone!
I recently saw this tag over at Downright Dystopian. You can check out her blog post here. Halsey is one of my favorite artists, so after seeing this tag, I immediately wanted to do it.

Castle - Your Favorite Queen
Queen Amberly from The Selection series. I love the way she cares for Maxon and how she stands up for herself in quiet ways. She is a great example of what a queen should be.

Coming Down - Best Swoon-Worthy Scene
The prom from the Michael Vey series. I love that scene to death. I won't say much more than that so I don't give anything away.

Control - Best Villain
Voldemort from the Harry Potter series. He is very evil, but also very intelligent. He is one of the best villains in my opinion.

Drive - A Couple That Needs to Communicate Better
Thomas and Theresa from the Maze Runner Trilogy. They didn't lean on each other as much as they needed to.

Empty Gold - An OTP That Became a NOTP
David and Laurel from the Wings series. I loved them when they first became a couple, but after Tamani came along, I quickly changed my mind. Tamani and Laurel were just meant to be together.

Ghost - Most Tragic Break Up
Mare and Maven in Red Queen. I really liked them as a couple until his mother had to complicate things. Why does she have to be so evil?

Haunting - A Book or Character You're Still Thinking About
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. I read this book two years ago for school and still think about it. It's such a phenomenal book and I recommend you read it. Night by Elie Wiesel is also one I think about a lot. It gives such a personal point of view on the Holocaust and it's a book everyone should read at least once in their lifetime.

Hold Me Down - A Series You Just Can't Seem to Quit
The Michael Vey series by Richard Paul Evans. I constantly talk about this series on my blog and I would really like a companion series to know what happens after book 7. I could never get tired of this series.

Hurricane - Favorite Standalone
I don't have a favorite, so I'll name a couple. Avalon High by Meg Cabot, Roseblood by A.G. Howard, Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys, Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys, The Siren by Kiera Cass.

Is There Somewhere - OTP With Obstacles
Anna and Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss. Their relationship is complicated in the beginning, but by the end I really liked it.

New Americana - The Fictional Friend Group You'd Want to be Your Fight the Apocalypse Squad
The Dauntless Initiates from Divergent. Their brave and tough and would help me survive. 

Roman Holiday - Cutest Contemporary Couple
Ben and Fallon from November 9. They are such a cute couple even though they went through some rough patches. 

Strange Love - Character a Lot of People Don't Get But You Love
Maven from the Red Queen series. Most people dislike him, but I find myself really liking him. He's not that bad of a guy when his mother isn't around.

Trouble - Toxic Relationship You Ship Even Though You Know Better
I don't have an answer to this question.

Walk the Line - Best Retelling/Reworking
Roseblood by A.G. Howard. This is a Phantom of the Opera retelling and I loved it. 

Young God - Characters That Secretly Worship Each Other
I can't think of an answer for this question either.

Gasoline - Favorite Self-Destructive Character
Draco from the Harry Potter series. I really like Draco as a character even though he is awful towards Harry and he's also very self-destructive which is evident in The Cursed Child (which I didn't like for the record).

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.
~Abby

2 comments:

  1. Maven is my fave character in the Red Queen series. He just feels so complex. Or I probably just have an unusual interest in dark, twisted characters. hahaha.

    Also, I love that you listen to Halsey! I'm also a fan :D

    czai @ the Blacksheep Reader

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.