Thursday, June 28, 2018

Try A Chapter Tag

Hello everyone!
I'm not sure what book to read next, so I thought this tag would help me decide. I currently have 5 books from the library that I haven't read yet and I'm going to be reading the first chapter from each book to determine which one I'll be reading next. I don't know much about any of these books, but I'm excited to read each of them nonetheless. Let's see how this goes.

Book Option 1: Across the Universe by Beth Revis
The first chapter in this book was 13 pages long, and it got me hooked to the story. I want to know why they were being frozen and what is happening on earth. So far, I'm hooked to this story and intrigued to see what happens next. I don't know if this will be my pick, but I will definitely be reading it.

Book Option 2: Leia: Princess of Alderaan by Claudia Gray
This chapter was 14 pages long and I didn't enjoy it as much. It kind of bored me and seemed to drag a little. The ceremony where she declares she wants to be the heir happened so quickly, and most of the chapter was spent with Leia complaining that her parents just ignored her. This chapter didn't catch my attention and didn't get me excited to read the rest of the book. I don't think I'm going to read this one next.

Book Option 3: Alienated by Melissa Landers
This first chapter was 15 pages long. It laid the story out nicely, but I didn't get hooked. It also follows two perspectives and randomly switched without giving me warning. I would like to continue on with the story to see how it plays out, but it didn't pique my interest as much as Across the Universe.

Book Option 4: The Assassin Game by Kirsty McKay
So this chapter was also 14 pages long. It got me interested from the first page. The whole idea of this book is intriguing and I definitely want to see how it ends. But will it be the first book I read?

Book Option 5: Lost Stars by Claudia Gray
Instead of reading the first chapter in this book I read the 20-page prologue. The prologue didn't particularly pique my interest and didn't get me excited to read the story. There's a lot of description or thoughts and not a lot of story taking place. I don't think this will be my first pick.

So I've decided to order the books from the one I want to read the most to the least. The goal is to try to read all of them before I need to return them, but the last two on my list I don't know if I'll even read. I wasn't really impressed by them.

1 - Across the Universe by Beth Revis
2 - The Assassin Game by Kirsty Mckay
3 - Alienated by Melissa Landers
4 - Leia: Princess of Alderaan by Claudia Gray
5 - Lost Stars by Claudia Gray

The first three are my top priority and I hope I enjoy them. The last two just didn't catch my interest right away and I'll give them another try if I read the first three before their due date.

Let me know if you'd like me to do another Try A Chapter Tag in the future because this one was so much fun and I'd love to do it again.
Thanks for stopping by. Have an awesome day.
~Abby

3 comments:

  1. Ooh cool tag! This is kind of a fun way to decide what to read next! Across the Universe is one that I got sidetracked from a year or two ago, but I want to try it again! I love the premise. And The Assassin Game looks very intriguing.

    Lost Stars I did read and thought it was good but not excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read both Alienated and The Assassin Game, and I really enjoyed them both! I absolutely loved the romance in Alienated, it was just so good! The mystery in The Assassin Game was also great!

    This is another cool tag! It is a really good idea for when you don't know what to read next! Happens to me way too often. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I haven't seen this tag around, but it's a fun way to help with the what-to-read next dilemma. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so feel free to leave one.